Exterior Repairs of Church and Seminary Building
Work has begun to replace many of the bricks around the Church and Seminary building that have fallen or broken over the years due to weather damage.
Roof Insulation of Monastic Dormitory Complete
The insulation of the roof of the monastic dormitory is now comple.
New Internet Fiber Optic Cable Delivered for Holy Trinity Monastery and Seminary
On December 30 2013 Verizon delivered into the monastery Fiber Optic cable which will serve for the expanding needs of the Publications Office and Bookstore, Seminary and new Phone System...
Delivery of Insulation for Roof of Monastic Dormitory
On December 23 2013 we received a delivery of insulation for the roof of the monastic dormitory. Unfortunately the whole building is not insulated and much heat is being lost due to this. We are now in the beginning stages of insulating parts of the building to bring sown the cost of heating.
New Boiler and Pumps for West Side of Monastic Dormitory
The old boiler for heating was replaced in the west side of the monastic dormitory along with all the pumps in December of 2013. This project cost $12,000.
West side of Monastic Dorm Building Plumbing Work
A lot of the plumbing work for the new building on the west side of the monastic dormitory has been completed. Initially water softeners were installed a few months ago and now many of the pipes that were partially clogged with various deposits were replaced.
Monastery Office Renovations and New Holy Trinity Publications Office Area Created
Holy Trinity Publications offices will soon be all under one area which is currently renovated next to the Monastery office.
Monastery Summer Kitchen and Garage Renovation - October 2013
Restoration Work at Holy Trinity Monastery - September 2013 Update
By God's grace work is continuing to complete as much as possible outside work before winter sets in. Stucco work is continuing in the Cemetery Chapel which will be followed by the placing of a new floor as it is raising due to water absorption, fixing the interior to prevent leaks and upgrading the electrical work. The summer kitchen that is used as an extra trapeza for pilgrims and the music school was found to be in a very bad condition with much of the framing having decayed right through. Also roof repairs are being made where needed before winter sets in. God willing plumbing work will begin during the winter.
Restoration Work at Holy Trinity Monastery - August 2013 Update
Since our last update with phase one of the electrical work at Holy Trinity Monastery we are now continuing with phase two of rewiring each floor by disabling old electrical panels and connecting everything to the new panels and then beginning the difficult task of running new wires to each room. We have also begun doing exterior stucco work repairs for the Holy Trinity Monastery Cathedral as well as the Dormition Chapel in the Cemetery as over the years the old stucco was crumbling. Exterior repair work is already in progress for the main monastery garages which over the years have begun to decay in many areas forcing us to close the outdoor rest rooms due to water coming in through the roof. The Kitchen project is currently in its last stage of planning which we hope to complete by the end of the year and also replace the septic system. We will be posting more pictures as work progresses.
Repairs are very costly and we appreciate your continued prayeful and finacial support!
Restoration Work at Holy Trinity Monastery - Phase One of Electrical Upgrade
We have begun the first phase of the electrical upgrade to the main monastic dormitory and the Cathedral. This involves adding 4, 100 amp fused disconnects in main electrical room in the basement of the monastery, installing conduits , cabling and 42 main lug panels on all floors and the church as well as running new undeground cable from the dormitory to the Church. This phase is nearly complete. The next stage is the most difficult and time consuming stage of the project which will require the rewiring of the buildings, disabling and removing old wiring and connecting new wires to the new panels. We ask for your support to help us continue this work.
Thank you for your Support of Holy Trinity Monastery
We are grateful!
We pray that God will mercifully bless and reward all the kind donors, the laborers of the Fund for Assistance, and the Eastern American Diocesan Council who generously support Holy Trinity Monastery. Your continued assistance will help us maintain the many buildings of Holy Trinity Monastery which is the home for our Monastic Brotherhood, our seminarians, the alumni among all ranks of our clergy, and the thousands of pilgrims who visit us throughout the year. We are deeply grateful for the love and attention you have shown us.
Love in Christ,
and the Brotherhood of Holy Trinity Monastery
Appeal of Metropolitan Hilarion
Dear in the Lord reverend Fathers, brothers, and sisters, Whenever we are in need or in sorrow, we turn our prayers to our Lord, His Mother, and the holy saints. At the same time, our Orthodox monastics are in constant prayer for us and for the entire world every day of their lives. It is in our best interests, as well as being our solemn duty as Orthodox Christians, to support the life of our monks and nuns.
Urgent Meeting at Jordanville
The First Hierarch of ROCOR, His Eminence Hilarion, Metropolitan of Eastern America & New York, expressed his deep concern over the critical condition in which Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville, NY – the oldest monastery in the Russian Church Abroad – finds itself. Holy Trinity Monastery is facing serious financial difficulties as a result of necessary renovations to the property, which will cost the monastery an estimated three million dollars.
Check Donations may be sent to:
Holy Trinity Monastery
PO Box 36
Jordanville, NY 13361 USA
Please use the button below to send your online donation. Thank you for your support.
Present and Past Renovation Projects
Current High-Priority Repairs, Remodeling, Renovation Issues:
- New plumbing system for main monastic building (replacement of all drain pipes from 4th floor to basement, replacement of hot/cold main black water-lines from origination points in basement to 4th floor): $30,000 minimum for materials, not including labor (labor cost contractor estimates are difficult to assess due to unknown variables, hidden costs, unexpected issues. Conservative labor estimates start at a minimum of $30,000 to $50,000);
- Complete demolition and remodeling of bathrooms on 3rd and 4th floors (as dictated by new plumbing system);
- New rewiring of electrical system for main church originating at new panel: (labor cost contractor estimates are difficult to assess due to unknown variables, hidden costs, unexpected issues. Conservative estimates start at a minimum of $22,000 and up);
- Repair of main church roof on south side: $30,000 minimum;
- New installation of septic system from main monastic building according to NY State inspection: $57,000;
- Replacement of all 117 windows in main monastic building: $75,800 based on conservative estimates dated 02/2015;
- Replacement of one boiler in main monastic building (recommendation dated 2 years ago): 11,000
- Replacement of one boiler in house 1435 St. Rt.167 ( recommendation dated 2 years ago): 5,800
- Repair septic system Dormitory building : 3,400
- Installation NYSEG : power for cemetery chapel, house, new cemetery: 19,700
- Installation new service from electric pole: 12,900
If you would like to donate to a specific project please contact the monastery.
Below is a short report on the major expenditures that have been incurred over the last 24 months:
- Repairs of main church roof made in three phases on North side: $39,000;
- Installation of new commercial boiler for office building: $11,250;
- Repairs of cemetery chapel include façade, main dome, floor, new stucco: $27,000;
- Repairs of 4-car garage roof: $11,000;
- Repairs of main garage next to main monastic building included siding, windows, & insulation: $26,000;
- Installation of new filtering system in main building: $5,500;
- Installation of climate control system for archives and library: $14,000;
- Repairs of main church’s masonry: $19,000;
- 2nd phase of tank removal (2014-2015) & soil decontamination/removal: $460,000;
- Replacement of stucco on main church: $18,400;
- Renovation of house no. 147B from water damage: $21,000;
- New flat roof main building :$ 13,000
- Replacement seven pressure tanks :$ 10,000
- Total = $675,150.00
|Saturday, 17 / 30 April |
1:15 Wake-up Call
10:00 Vespers, Liturgy of St. Basil the Great
8:00 Reading of the Book of Acts of the Apostles
11:15 Midnight Office
|Sunday, 18 April / 1 May |
12:00 Paschal Matins and Divine Liturgy
12:00 Paschal Lunch
3:00 Vespers and Small Compline
|Monday, 19 April / 2 May |
9:00 Divine Liturgy
6:30 Vespers and Matins
|Tuesday, 20 April / 3 May |
9:00 Divine Liturgy
6:30 Vespers and Matins
|Monthly Calendar >|